As we approach FABTECH – North America’s largest metal forming, fabricating, welding and finishing event – we want you to be ready with all the things you need to make the most of your days there. If you’re not attending this year, don’t worry, Welding Source will be there to cover the event. Make sure you follow us on social media to stay updated!
First Time Attendees
To get the most from attending FABTECH, you should have a strategy. Knowing what you would like to accomplish before, during, and after the show will help maximize your time. Below are planning tips and additional information to make your first visit a success.
1. Prepare a list of the benefits that can be realized by attending FABTECH and how you can make an impact at your organization. Utilize the “Justification Letter” letter to outline the benefits and gain support for your decision to attend.Register Early – Registration opens in April 2017. Admission to the show floor is complimentary if you register by the deadline (November 3, 2017). After the deadline and on-site the fee is $50 (US).
International Visitors can request a Letter of Invitation through the online registration process. Make an appointment for a visa interview with your embassy as soon as possible.
Have a goal of what you want to accomplish. Select exhibiting companies to visit and products and services you need to evaluate, what new products you’d like to see and conference sessions to attend.
Use the Planning tools like the Expo Planner and download the mobile app.
Check out all the exciting things to see and do in Chicago after show hours.
2. Make reservations for transportation and lodging early. Check out FABTECH 2017 housing. The Official Housing Provider, onPeak, has reserved the best hotels, lowest rates in the most convenient locations around Chicago.
For convenience, try to book a hotel close to the trade show. Complimentary shuttle service is provided between McCormick Place and designated event hotels during show days for those who book through onPeak.
3. Check the weather before you arrive. Chicago weather in November is typically mild, but check the weather before you go and dress accordingly. Temperatures range around 48˚F during the day and 32˚F in the evenings.
Pack comfortable shoes, wear business casual clothing, and remember you are a representative for your business.
Most exhibitors provide bags to utilize at the show for literature, freebies and product samples. Make sure to allow room in your suitcase(s) to bring back these take-a-ways.
4. Transportation is convenient in and around Chicago. You can fly into the major airport, and reach hotels and McCormick Place by car, taxi, or a variety of ground transportation services.
5. Bring plenty of your own business cards.
Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself to others.
Attend educational sessions, workshops, show special events including keynote, featured presentations, after-hour receptions and exhibitor sponsored networking functions if available. These networking opportunities are why you came.
Stay connected via social media like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn before, during and after the show.
6. Identify if your objectives were met and if the cost of attending the trade show has had a positive long-term effect for you and your business.
Be proactive. Touch base with contacts made and communicate with those exhibiting companies that offered products and services of interest.
Utilize the Official Show Directory as a continued source of company and technology information.
Share your show experience on social media.
Stay tuned, we will be posting more updates on all-things FABTECH in the coming weeks.