Nominations for the 2017 Excellence in Welding Awards will close on June 30th. That means you have just enough time to nominate a person or organization that you think has done exemplary work to promote the field of welding in their community.
The awards are a co-venture between the American Welding Society and WEMCO, an association of welding manufacturers. The awards are issued in eight categories:
- Individual (you or other individual)
- Educator (welding instructor at an institution, facility, etc.)
- Educational Facility (organization that conducts welding education or training)
- Small Business (less than 200 employees)
- Large Business (200 or more employees)
- Distributor (welding products)
- AWS Section (AWS local chapter)
- Media (industry and business publications)
- Veterans (all branches of the U.S. military)
Check out the video below to learn more about the awards.
The winners of the awards will be honored at the Excellence in Welding Awards Ceremony, which will take place this November in Chicago, IL during the FABTECH conference. Nominations are due by June 30, and can be submitted here.